Yes, I know it's blurry. It's a snapshot of a printout I got from the doctor's office today after our first (and hopefully LAST) scare with baby #3. But I still had to share it. You can see the real thing if you come over!
Anyway, let me finish telling you about this silly baby...
Josh was able to come with me to my OB appointment today, and we were hoping to hear the heartbeat for the first time. My doctor couldn't pick it up at 10 weeks, but that's nothing to fret over. However, today, at 14 weeks we should have been able to hear a heartbeat. After what seemed like FOREVER moving the doppler device around my abdomen, he still couldn't find anything. He asked if we would be able to stick around to have an ultrasound done. Ummm, yeah!
We were sent back to the waiting room, and in less than 10 minutes the sonographer called us back. She asked all the normal questions, and when the jelly was on my belly and the picture popped up on the screen, the first thing out of her mouth was "I see a baby and I see a heartbeat!" Thanks goodness!!!
She explained to us that my placenta is in anterior position, so there were basically too many layers--me, uterus, placenta, and baby-- for the less powerful machine to pick up the heartbeat. She also informed us that the baby looks perfectly happy, just a teensy bit small for gestation. The doctor has me at 14 weeks, 1 day, and the ultrasound put me at 13 weeks, 4 days. Not enough of a difference to change my due date. :D
That's all the input I have for now. Thanks for reading!
Anyway, let me finish telling you about this silly baby...
Josh was able to come with me to my OB appointment today, and we were hoping to hear the heartbeat for the first time. My doctor couldn't pick it up at 10 weeks, but that's nothing to fret over. However, today, at 14 weeks we should have been able to hear a heartbeat. After what seemed like FOREVER moving the doppler device around my abdomen, he still couldn't find anything. He asked if we would be able to stick around to have an ultrasound done. Ummm, yeah!
We were sent back to the waiting room, and in less than 10 minutes the sonographer called us back. She asked all the normal questions, and when the jelly was on my belly and the picture popped up on the screen, the first thing out of her mouth was "I see a baby and I see a heartbeat!" Thanks goodness!!!
She explained to us that my placenta is in anterior position, so there were basically too many layers--me, uterus, placenta, and baby-- for the less powerful machine to pick up the heartbeat. She also informed us that the baby looks perfectly happy, just a teensy bit small for gestation. The doctor has me at 14 weeks, 1 day, and the ultrasound put me at 13 weeks, 4 days. Not enough of a difference to change my due date. :D
That's all the input I have for now. Thanks for reading!
0 comments:
Post a Comment